Cooking and gardening sessions for children aged 3 and up. The sessions involve teaching children the basics in simple fruit and vegetable growing and homecooking skills .They also incorporate art, stories, quizzes and outdoor play, all based on a food, garden and nature theme. Kindergardencooks encourages children's awareness of where real food comes from and puts value on fun, friendliness, healthiness and respect for the environment and our peers.
Kindergardencooks is a Community Interest Company.
Weekly cookery clubs are currently available online.
Click on the class title for more info
HOW TO JOIN ONLINE CLASSES
1. Create a free Zoom account, then install the Zoom software on your computer, tablet, or phone. Please name your device and Zoom account as your name registered on the Kindergardencooks website so we can identify you.
2. I am operating an honour system whereby I ask that you do not share this link with anybody outside your household. One booking per household regardless of how many children take part. However if you have two or more children wanting to use different devices you would need to make extra bookings.
3. To view the description of the classes hover over the days of the week and click to see if the class is suitable for your child. Once you’ve registered for a class you will then be emailed with your booking details and a Zoom link and the recipe. This link will only be live about 15 mins before the class start time (or once the host starts the meeting). You won’t be able to book any later than 15 mins before class !!
4. Please ensure your child has the necessary equipment to hand prior to start time but unless instructed on the recipe they are written up to encourage your child to peel, chop, weigh, measure and prep alongside the host and the other attendees. Please be at hand to help your child with tricky tasks or oven and hob use but try to leave them to do most of the work themselves.
5. Pin the host (your teacher) and stay on speaker view once the class has started. That keeps the host video image large rather than seeing everyone registered for class. The class will be muted for the session as background household noise makes it difficult for everyone to hear.
You can give a 👍 on screen when you've completed a task or unmute yourself to ask a question which the host will be more than happy to answer. Of course you can chat and connect to other kids on gallery view at the beginning of class if you wish!